I did have the excellent excuse that I started a new job the same time as Nanowrimo and so I didn't have the time or energy to devote to it, but then I also didn't put aside enough time for Nanowrimo. Swings and roundabouts really.
I'm also organising a project with my writing group to create a story collection around the theme of Milton Keynes to celebrate the 50th birthday of Milton Keynes in 2017. I've created a website to keep track of what's happening with the project here: http://mk50storycollection.blogspot.co.uk/ The stories need to be in by 1st May 2016, so that's another project I've got to work on. I'm going to develop that 'fairy tale of Milton Keynes' idea I've had knocking about in my head for a while. Basically fairies in the shopping centre. I'll post more about that as I develop the idea. That's another pledge for 2016.
My third pledge for 2016 is to blog more. This isn't much of a writing blog and so I am going to do the challenge of writing a short story each month. I picked up a set of story dice from Tiger Store in the centre the other week and so I'm going to use those as a prompt for a story to post online each month. Feel free to join in! I'll post what roll of the dice I got later and then I will post the story in January.
I'm feeling positive about my writing projects as we move into the New Year. I have a plan! It's always nice to have a plan, or at least goals of some sort.
Take care,
Victoria
No comments:
Post a Comment